Foreign nationals coming to Vietnam usually need a visa. Depending on the purpose of coming to Vietnam (business, investment, tourism, ...) that foreigners are granted a Vietnam visa with the corresponding term. However, if you have overstayed your stay (overstayed visa) than the specified amount, you will face many problems. So what should a foreigner who has overstayed his visa in Vietnam? Find out more information through the article below!
1. Regulations on penalties for foreigners when their visas are overstayed in Vietnam
For regulations on sanctioning foreigners when their visas are overstayed in Vietnam, there are 2 forms of sanction as follows:
- Monetary fine
- Deportation from Vietnam
- According to the provisions of Article 17 of Decree 167/2013, the fine levels are prescribed:
- Overdue for 15 days or less, a fine of between 500,000 and 2,000,000 VND
- Past the time limit from 16 days becomes a fine of from 3,000,000 to 5,000,000 VND
The form of expulsion from Vietnam will have to be based on the level of violations and consequences of foreigners in Vietnam.
2. Can it be extended when the visa expires in Vietnam?
According to Article 9 of the Law on Immigration, the visa has expired and is considered for a new visa. Therefore, foreigners can get an extension when their visa expires in Vietnam. Specifically:
- Immigration Law
- Circular 04/2015/TT-BCA
- Circular 31/2015/TT-BCA
Dossier to extend when the visa expires includes:
- Operation license of the guarantor company, organization, or business or the guarantor's personal document (ID/CCCD/Passport), using a certified true copy of the passport
- Application form for issuance, supplementation, amendment of visa and extension of temporary residence. Model NA5.
- Passports for foreigners when they want to extend their visa in Vietnam
- Temporary residence declaration (can be used as a true certified copy)
- Agencies, organizations, enterprises, individuals, Vietnamese citizens, and foreigners lawfully residing in Vietnam must submit dossiers to the Immigration Department or the Immigration Department, the provincial police. central cities.
After receiving the dossier, the officer will check the legality and content of the dossier:
- If the documents are complete and valid, receive the application, print and send the receipt, and schedule a date to return the results
- If the application is not valid, the application officer is responsible for guiding the applicant to complete the application
The processing time for extension applications is 5 working days. On the appointment date, bring the appointment letter and pay the prescribed fees and fines to receive the visa extension results.
3. Conditions for visa extension for foreigners
To extend a visa when it expires, a foreigner must meet one of the following conditions:
- Original passport valid for at least 1 month longer than visa validity
- Organizations, businesses, and individuals in Vietnam invite guaranteed to carry out procedures with the Immigration Department. Organizations, individuals, and companies that invite foreigners to guarantee are responsible for sending a written request to extend a Vietnam visa (with a foreigner's dossier). Then send it to the Immigration Department or the Immigration Department.
- For those who apply for a visa extension for personal purposes such as traveling, visiting relatives, etc., can do the visa extension procedures themselves and submit it to the Immigration Department or the Immigration Department. Note that the application for a Vietnam visa extension must be certified by the police where the foreigner temporarily resides
- Not in the case of being forced to exit Vietnam.
4. Fast and professional visa extension service for foreigners at YNN GLOBAL
YNN GLOBAL is a consulting service company on visa, visa, visa extension for foreigners quickly and professionally. With a team of experienced staff in the field, we are confident that we can help you solve your overstay visa problems in the most optimal and economical way. If you have any questions regarding visa extension in Vietnam, please contact YNNGLOBAL via hotline: 0909 594 196 for answers.
YNN GLOBAL - Consulting services
Hotline: +84 909 594 196
Address: Winhome Building, 150 đường Trần Não, thành phố Thủ Đức, thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Việt Nam.
Please send your question(s) by filling in this form. Our consulting team will quickly answer you via E-mail. Feel free to visit our office to get more details about our services.
- Things to know about enterprise registration certificates in Vietnam
- Top 5 things to know about investment registration certificates
- Top reasons why businesses should hire an outside payroll service
- Benefits of using outsourced accounting services
- Advantages and disadvantages of outsourced accounting services
Food hygiene and safety License
Cosmetic, food registration
Temporary Resident card for Foreigners in Vietnam
Work Permit for Foreigners in Vietnam
Visa for foreigners entry Vietnam
Transfer company capital from Vietnam to Foreign
Establish Vietnam Company
Establish Foreign Company
Vietnam Market Entry Services
Visa - Work Permit - TRC
Connect with us