Extension of temporary residence cards for foreigners when married to Vietnamese is an increasingly popular procedure because, according to data, Vietnamese citizens are now married to foreigners from over 50 countries around the world. Many couples have decided to settle and live in Vietnam, but the temporary residence card is only valid for 3 years and requires foreigners to extend it if they still want to continue living and working here. So what is the application and process for temporary residence card extension? For more information, please refer to the article below.
1. What is a temporary residence card extension?
An extension of a temporary residence card is an extension of time to stay in Vietnam. This is usually done when the time on the foreigner's temporary residence card is about to expire but the foreigner still has a need to stay in Vietnam. At that time, you must renew your temporary residence card and request the agencies, organizations, or individuals that have guaranteed you to apply for extension procedures at the competent agencies to issue temporary residence cards.
2. Dossiers and procedures for extending temporary residence cards for foreigners married to Vietnamese people
Foreigners who want to extend their temporary residence card need to prepare the following important papers and documents:
- There must be a written request from the agency, organization, or individual that carries out the guarantee procedures.
- Prepare the application form for the temporary residence card and have a photo attached.
- Valid passports of foreigners applying for temporary residence cards
- Notarized copy of marriage registration certificate in Vietnam or Vietnam Consular legalization copy with marriage notes in Vietnam for cases of marriage registration abroad.
- Apply for a guarantee and be granted a temporary residence card for foreigners using form NA7 in accordance with the law.
- There is a declaration to apply for a temporary residence card for foreigners according to the form NA8 in accordance with the law.
- The original passport and visa must be valid for at least 13 months, and the entry visa to Vietnam must be valid for the intended purpose.
- Prepare two 2 cm x 3 cm personal photos of yourself;
- A notarized copy of the Vietnamese household registration book of the spouse who is a Vietnamese citizen;
- A notarized copy of the ID card or citizen's identity card of the spouse who is Vietnamese;
3. Extending temporary residence permits for foreigners married to Vietnamese
Step 1: Prepare all the above documents in accordance with the law.
Step 2: Submit the application to the competent authorities.
There are three headquarters in three big cities in our country: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, and Da Nang. In Hanoi, you can file at the Immigration Department-Ministry of Public Security: 44-46 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh, Hanoi. In the South, it can be found at 254 Nguyen Trai, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. and in the central region, it is headquartered at 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang City.
Officers at one of the three agencies above will receive the dossier to check its legality and content. If the dossier is complete and valid, the officer will receive the dossier, print and hand the receipt and date to return the results. If the application is invalid or incomplete, the receiving officer shall guide the applicant to supplement and amend the application to make it suitable and complete.
Step 3: Obtain the outcome
After the date of the appointment to get the results, the person who comes to receive the result gives the receipt to the officer for inspection and comparison. If it is suitable and there is a result of temporary residence extension, the person who comes to receive the result must complete the fee and then sign it.
4. Support service to extend temporary residence cards for foreigners married to Vietnamese at YNN Global
YNN global is confident to be a place with knowledge and understanding of the order and regulations for extending temporary residence cards for foreigners. Always thoughtfully support, advise, and prepare all necessary documents for you.
In addition, with a high sense of responsibility, YNN Global will solve problems that arise and quickly return the results you want. Customers wishing to extend their temporary residence card should immediately contact YNN Global to receive the most attractive offers.
YNN GLOBAL - Consulting services
Hotline: +84 909 594 196
Address: Winhome Building, 150 đường Trần Não, thành phố Thủ Đức, thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Việt Nam.
Please send your question(s) by filling in this form. Our consulting team will quickly answer you via E-mail. Feel free to visit our office to get more details about our services.
- Things to know about enterprise registration certificates in Vietnam
- Top 5 things to know about investment registration certificates
- Top reasons why businesses should hire an outside payroll service
- Benefits of using outsourced accounting services
- Advantages and disadvantages of outsourced accounting services
Food hygiene and safety License
Cosmetic, food registration
Temporary Resident card for Foreigners in Vietnam
Work Permit for Foreigners in Vietnam
Visa for foreigners entry Vietnam
Transfer company capital from Vietnam to Foreign
Establish Vietnam Company
Establish Foreign Company
Vietnam Market Entry Services
Visa - Work Permit - TRC
Connect with us